An all inclusive volunteer experience
At Meals On Wheels Collin County, we provide businesses, organizations, and groups of all sizes a fun, easy, and engaging volunteer experience.
Corporate Takeovers are one-time events that provide businesses, organizations, and groups throughout the county with the opportunity to volunteer together as a group. From preparing meals in our kitchen to delivering hot lunches to seniors, our Corporate Takeover program is an all-inclusive volunteer experience that promotes team-building and leadership development, while allowing people to see everything that happens in our organization on a daily basis. Corporate Takeovers are designed to provide each volunteer with a life altering experience that will remain with them for years to come.
What to expect:
- We can accommodate up to 50 people per takeover
- Your corporation chooses a desired date for the takeover. Please allow us at least a two week notice so we can prepare the ultimate experience for you and your group.
- A pre-planned, tailored agenda will be provided prior to the takeover, designed for groups to experience all aspects of our organization, including but not limited to meal preparation and delivery
- Each corporation has the choice of which city you deliver in
- A tour of our facility is included prior to the takeover
- What should our employees wear on the day of the takeover?
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as you will be doing a lot of standing and walking during your takeover. Please refrain from wearing any dangling jewelry as this can be hazardous to you while working.
- How long does it typically take to run a route?
- All takeovers are designed to accommodate our corporate partners. Route should take between 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
- What documentation does MOWCC require prior to the takeover?
- Before your takeover, we ask that you complete these forms and send them to our Volunteer Recruiter, Mary McAndrew. If your company does background checks, you may include those for all employees participating. If you do not background check, MOWCC will require permission to complete background checks prior to event.
- Are we allowed to take pictures during our takeover?
- Pictures are encouraged while on the MOWCC premises, but due to the confidential nature of our program we ask that you do not take pictures of or with our clients. MOWCC is bound by HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) privacy regulations - a legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information. Because of this law, we are not permitted to share any information about our clients with outside parties.
- Can we share our experience with the public?
- Absolutely! We encourage all of our corporate partners to share their experience on social media, with friends and family, and with us directly. We simply ask that you do not include any of our clients' personal information, such as names, addresses, or photographs.
- Can an employee make a donation after their experience?
- Yes! We would be honored to accept any donation made by anyone within your corporation. Donations can be made by credit card directly through our website, made on site, or mailed in. We will provide a tax receipt for all donations made, and sincerely thank you and your employees for being the hero to our senior community.
- Are we allowed to revisit the clients whom we delivered hot meals?
- MOWCC wishes to extended the opportunity to adopt-a-route to all of our corporate takeover partners. By adopting a route, you may continue to deliver delicious meals and wellness visits to those clients you met during your takeover.
- Outside contact with our clients, however is discouraged due to our clients' rights to privacy. If you discover a senior needs additional assistance, please contact a MOWCC caseworker and we will be happy to follow up with that senior.
- How do we get in contact with a MOWCC caseworker?
- All volunteer drivers are given a route book with a driver’s note page. All special requests and any additional assistance requests may be noted on the driver’s note page. Volunteers may also contact the MOWCC office directly at 972.562.6996.