The goal of our organization is to assist area seniors in remaining independent in their homes, to promote socialization, and to prevent premature institutionalization.
Collin County seniors may be eligible for the following services:
- Meals on Wheels – home delivered breakfast, lunch, and weekend meals available at four senior centers county-wide
- Senior Safety Net Program – provides assistance and resources for walkers, wheelchairs, ramps, and emergency expenses when funds permit.
- Pet Meals – assists seniors in obtaining food for their pet
Eligibility Requirements Include:
- 60 years or older
- A resident of Collin County
- Must be primarily homebound, not able to provide transportation on their own
- Have some physical or cognitive limitation that prohibits ability to shop or cook
- Experience weight loss due to lack of nutrition
- Is unable to access meals at a local Senior Center
- Does not have a paid provider in the home who is being paid to prepare meals
To refer a senior: complete the Client Referral Form. Referrals for home delivered meal service are screened by phone, and then a home visit is made to determine eligibility.